SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRSE
The main objective of the SMME Policy Desk is to represent the interests of business in the SMME arena through local chambers by:
- Lobbying to create an environment conducive for Small, Micro, and Medium enterprises to thrive in.
- Working together with chambers to design and develop products that appeal to members who are categorized in this sector.
- Identifying national, provincial and local government policies that present opportunities or are detrimental to SMME's and ensuring that our members take advantage of the opportunities, while remaining vigilant of policies that may be detrimental to their development.
- Involving members directly in addressing challenges that are facing them and canvassing their opinions on matters of importance through the SACCI SMME Committee.
- Collecting, assessing, and disseminating information regarding sources of help relevant to the SMME sector for the benefit of members.
- Continuously exploring opportunities for business linkages between businesses locally and abroad, and exploring market access opportunities for our members.
To have your business interests advanced we urge you to become a member of your local chamber of commerce and industry.
For further information contact:
Peggy Drodskie on 011-446-3800
SME Task Team Events
Members are invited to an SME Task Team meeting taking place on the 4 February 2013, kindly click here to view agenda.
Members interested in attending are requested to please RSVP to
Friday 1 February 2013